Thursday, January 3, 2008

We're back!

Wow! My last post seems an eternity ago....since December 20th we've had a few ups and downs. Thankfully more ups than downs!



The most important thing is that everyone is healthy at our house! We got to spend Christmas morning down in Fort Wayne at Parkview's ER. Kayla developed a blood clot in her nasopharynx (the area above your throat). We were very LUCKY that she was brave and let the doctor suction it out. She avoided surgery. We were not looking forward to having a five year-old come out of anesthesia again! For the most part she is back to normal (if you call her baseline normal). :)



I learned how to rebuild my laptop after a Trojan worm virus disabled it. I was determined to not pay the geek squad at Best Buy to do it. I learned that Trend Micro is a crappy virus protector and I now have Norton System Works! I learned that 6,825 pictures may be a tad too many to keep on the computer.



I didn't have to work too many days in the last three weeks. That was a plus! We really enjoyed watching the kids open their presents. Sometimes I think that I am more excited than they are. We spent New Year's Eve at home and that was fine by me! I am grateful for the snow for it covers up the ugly gray ground.

I'm going to try to get outside with the kids this am before it starts snowing to build a snowman. The snow should just be about perfect! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

No comments: