Thursday, November 6, 2008

American Girl













One of the main reasons we went to Chicago (besides to get away for the weekend) was to go to the American Girl store. The boys decided they were more interested in going to Niketown and the Lego Store vs. American Girl. So we spit up and Kayla and I headed to Water Tower Place.

I had told Kayla that we would get her a doll for her birthday. She has always had the American Girl "Bitty Baby". All summer she saved her money and surprisingly had a nice little stash to take to buy some clothes for her doll. She has had her eye on "Ruthie" for months. I thought for sure that once we got into the store she would be distracted by all the other dolls and change her mind. I was so wrong! She made a beeline right to Ruthie and never looked at another doll the entire time we were in the store.

The store was huge! I was more overwhelmed than Kayla. It was nuts. There were so many girls, moms, and dolls I was about to go nuts. There was a doll hospital and a doll salon. I put a picture up of the dolls getting their hair done. WOW -crazy! Here are some pics from our time at American Girl. I heard her say several times over the weekend to herself, "I can't believe I got an American Girl doll!" She was very excited and has been taking very good care of Ruthie ever since.

No comments: