Thursday, November 20, 2008

Meeting Tom Izzo!!!


Last night we were very lucky to be able to attend the IPFW vs. MSU basketball game last night with our friends Ron and Kim. They are both MSU grads and had the opportunity to get tickets to this game. We were set up in the Budweiser Suite at the Coliseum.
I think the only rule was that I could not wear any red or anything that indicated that I am an IU fan. So, I tried to wear green, wrong green, but it was still green nonetheless.
I must say, of course I am an IU fan. But I am also am a Big Ten fan. I would put State on the top of the list behind Indiana and in front of all the other schools any other day.
I'm glad State won, but I always have to root for the underdog. I just made one mistake during the game yelling out loud for IPFW in the midst of all the MSU alumni. I only embarrassed Chris briefly and feared for my life for a few seconds. I think that IPFW played the best they could and MSU probably the worst.
The best part of the night (besides hanging out with great friends) was after the game when Tom Izzo came up to the suite and talked to the group of people. He was witty and willing to answer any questions. Being the speech therapist I am, it hurt me to hear him talk - his poor voice is a mess! He was a very gracious man and signed items and posed for pictures. I have to say I think it was a very cool thing and I am definitely even more a MSU fan now than I was before!
NOW IF I CAN ONLY MEET COACH CREAN!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that does sound like fun! Go BIG TEN....oh, I mean IU! :-)